Each student must bring ski and snowboard equipment with them each Saturday to the bus as there is no rental equipment available in the area utilized by the Issaquah Ski and Snowboard School.
Typically, equipment can be rented from local outdoor stores like Gerks, Pacific Bike and Ski, etc.
Identify all clothing and equipment with a students’ name.
Please remember to also collect all belongings from the bus at the end of each day. Lost items will be picked up by the bus chaperone and kept until the following week.
Be prepared for cold days. Wind increases the danger of frostbite. Wear a hat, insulated jackets and pants. Bright sun is more intense in the mountains. Protect skin with suntan lotion or sunscreen. Protect eyes with sunglasses or goggles. Listed below are suggested items to bring each week:
- long underwear – thermal or insulated
- pants – ski pants – waterproof
- sweaters/shirt/pullover – use layering
- ski/snowboard jacket – hard surfaced fabric with insulating layering -waterproof
- hat – close fitting recommended
- snow gloves that are water-proof
- socks – spare pair if possible
- extra clothes – hat, gloves, etc.
- helmet (highly recommended)
Use the following equipment checklist before leaving home each Saturday morning:
- Boots – are they fitting and buckling properly?
- Skis and snowboard: Are skis or snowboard properly sized for the student’s size and ability? Is the equipment metal edged and fitted with working brakes of a leash?
- Release bindings – Are the bindings in working order and have they been adjusted by ski shop professional?
- Ski poles – Are ski poles a proper length for the student?
- Tie straps – Are poles and skis bundled together with a tie?
- Equipment bag – (optional) Are skis or snowboard in a protective bag?
- Goggles or glasses – Are goggles with unbreakable lenses packed?
- Wrist guards – Are wrist guards (for snowboarders) packed?
- Helmets highly recommended – Is a snug fitting helmet packed?
- A sack lunch and snacks for the bus ride is recommended.